Do you ever ‘wtf white people’ even though you are a white people.
Black Robin in the future for Batman
Batman finally has his Robin but it’s not the one we were expecting. The Dark Knight teams up with a black Robin in Batman and Robin: Futures End #1 by writer Ray Fawkes.
The Futures End series is set 5 years in the future. Bruce Wayne still hasn’t gotten over the loss of his son and former Robin, Damian, whom he is attempting to resurrect in the current timeline. He goes up against Damian’s killer Heretic, who just so happens to be his clone. Heretic was presumed dead as well but Batman doesn’t take any chances with his new Robin, Duke Thomas, who has actually been with Batman from the beginning. Duke helped Batman take on the Riddler in Year Zero, which takes place 6 years in the past.
"After wrapping Guardians of the Galaxy I was very homesick and I was coming home to my wife and my son, who at the time was 13 months old. My wife told me ‘Hey, listen there’s a chance he may not recognize you and he may be a little shy’ and so I came in there, and he just sat right up and had this big smile on his face. He started saying ‘Daddy, daddy, daddy!’ and I just started to cry. He saw the tears in my eyes and started doing bits to make me laugh and that just made me cry more."
- Chris Pratt on the best day of his life.
I know the whole thing is already a disaster, but don't you think it's a bit immature to harangue the staff on Facebook?
This is the team that
- left their last venture thousands of dollars in debt because of incompetence and mismanagement
- treated their organized guests abysmally (Welcome to Night Vale, Gingerhaze and Baker Street Babes especially), then called Welcome to Night Vale actual trash and special snowflakes, and said that Gingerhaze deserved to be treated badly because why should they pay her for letting them down
- changed their rules halfway through to ensure that attendees wouldn’t be able to seek reimbursement for the failed Welcome To Night Vale panel (where Welcome to Night Vale understandably walked after Dashcon failed to cover their transportation and performance fees as agreed upon)
- is yet to reply to the charity Random Acts after they denied any involvement with Dashcon and asked for an account of all money raised (which they haven’t yet received)
- treated volunteers so badly (including two who flew all the way from Australia) that they left early for mental health reasons (trigger warning for panic attack)
- put exhibiting artists in a position where they almost became federal criminals
- breached contract with exhibiting artists regarding security (many of which were left hundreds of dollars out of pocket)
- ran an IndieGoGo campaign in 2013 that promised donors a range of prizes - none of these were sent out, and some were actually used as prizes at the convention itself (along with hotel mints)
- changed the descriptions for panels without panelists consent
- may have potentially stolen art to use in their banner
- encouraged underage attendees to throw physical money into a bag being passed around the room
- did a ‘puff piece’ explanation interview that blamed everyone but themselves for what happened
They changed the name to avoid answering questions or actually compensating people despite
- the date and venue set for Emoti-Con 2015 being exactly the same as initially set for Dashcon 2015
- the Indianapolis Convention Centre now having the details for Emoti-Con 2015 but still linking to the now-defunct Dashcon website
- having two of the three Dashcon admins (Megg Eli and Cain Hopkins) in charge
- there being little to no difference re: text between the Dashcon website and the Emoti-Con website
- being listed on AnimeCons as “Formerly Dashcon”
- being exposed on The Daily Dot as being just DashCon in all but name
But despite all of this, Emoti-Con
- is using people in their marketing without their permission
- does not have the support of at least one of the websites they claim to cater to
- is trying to entice back Dashcon panelists including people who weren’t involved and people who were forced to threaten legal action for nonpayment of services
- has outright banned anyone at all from posting on their Facebook wall after being inundated with people trying to organize compensation after being shafted by their first convention.
- is deleting comments on their Facebook page left, right and centre, and their Tumblr page, in order to avoid taking responsibility for their previous incompetence
- is staffed by Cain, Megg Eli (who filed for bankruptcy), and 20-something college students with almost no experience who are stalking people’s blogs (including mine) if they call out Emoti-Con on their bullshit
If you want to know more, there’s a three-part behind-the-scenes explanation from someone involved in the planning stages. It’s beyond hilarious. It’s terrifying.
And to add insult to injury (because no-one on the team seems capable of acting in a professional manner), they’re still spruiking their early bird party with “ballpit themed bracelets” (a clear reference to Dashcon) for a whopping $40 despite not having any sort of schedule or guest list.
Because, you know.
But for real, if you’re in the area and want to go to a convention, check out Indy Popcon instead.
#Repost from @junglebarbiejulia FULL STORY. On the night of August 10 2013 I went to DC for my birthday to go to “Park Place”, an upscale restaurant. Upon my arrival at the entrance, at 11:30pm, before going to stand in the very long line I went to ask a patrolling officer where a nearby restroom was and before I could utter the words, I was met with an elbow and a right punch to my face. I was instantly knock out. My police report (which has changed numerous times this year) say I was arrest and processed at 1:50 am which is 2 hours that I was unaccounted for. I was left on the floor and when I woke up I was bleeding in multiple places with drag marks on my toes, my wrist were cut by the cuffs, the back of my head and arms were lumpy. The officers wouldn’t tell me why I was in jail and I overheard them saying what should we charge her with? We can’t say domestic, we don’t know who she is with. After pleading and begging to go to the hospital, I was met with more hostility before they finally let me go to the hospital the next days upon my release I had a rape kit done because I don’t know any thing that happened to me while knocked out and it came back positive for semen. They sent messages from my phone while I was detained. Internal Affairs came and confiscated my clothing (they never returned them) and they stole my rape kit. As of today I am facing charges for fighting a bouncer outside of the Lima Club, I was never there and its 5 minutes away from Park driving, also 5 officers that responded after I punched the manager to I was apparently Mike Tyson because when I woke up in jail I had the strength and gumption to fight some more officers in there. When the video was requested both clubs said they lost them. They follow me and stalk my home to this day, I have caught DC police trying to get in my home when they thought I had left, even the Baltimore cops help protect them, one in the rape department even asked me out on a date while my face was still battered. I have been trying to tell my story on IG only to find that police officers or this hired by then have been spamming my hashtag #justiceforjulia with blasphemous pictures. Please share her story.
This is the video from the stills posted!!!
Spread this around!!!
When the discussion of anti Black racism and police brutality comes up, this is why it’s deadly important to remember that Black women are immensely targeted, particularly with sexual violence, stalking and physical abuse.
How puppies help when you’re sick.
This is my favorite thing oh my fuck
Genderbent Poison Ivy!
this is what i just picked up from the grocery store. it cost $32. Thirty. two. dollars. for 1 pineapple, 2 bags of grapes, a small container of raspberries, 1 soft drink and 2/$1 nuts….
do you know how much junk food i could have for $32? do you have any clue how much McDonald’s you can get for $32?
stop shaming fat people poorer than you or people poorer than you in general for not eating healthier. stop lying about how cheap it is or how it’s comparable to fast food. just stop.
what, are those grapes made out of gold or something
what the fuck america
Why isn’t anyone talking about this?
Watch non black cosplayers and lovers of cosplay stay silent on this.